Monday, April 11, 2011

Energy Bars

April 15th update:  Pictures now added!

This snack was loved by everyone in my family.  Its quick and easy to make and there's no baking.  I do have pictures that I will add to this post...just as soon as Brad gives me back the camera batteries that he borrowed to play his Playstation Tony Hawk skateboarding game  LOL

2 1/2 cups old fashioned quick oats
1/2 cup whole flax seed
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey because I don't have organic cocoa)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 to 1 cup HOT water (I found that boiled water from the kettle works best since it plumps up the oatmeal and makes the bars a little thicker in consistency.  I used pretty close to the full cup.  Add slowly so you don't add more than needed).

Stir all ingredients together.  Form into individual sized patties (like hamburgers).  Wrap in plastic wrap and store in fridge or freezer.

TIPS:  these were incredibly sticky to form into patties.  Next time I'll either spray my hands with Pam, use measuring scoops to form the patties in, or press into a pan (sprayed with Pam) and cut into squares.

I made 8 individual servings from one batch.  Each was the size of a small hamburger.  Myself, my boys and my husband all agreed that they could be made a bit smaller.  These delicious protein snacks are very filling. 

(this recipe was found on Tosca Reno's forum.  I'm so sorry I don't know who the original poster was.  I would love to give credit where credit is due!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates