Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Gym Personality

I had an amazing workout today. I knew I would love it, but it took 2 hours to convince myself to go. I had every intention of taking my son to school then head straight to the gym since I didn't have to work today. Well we all woke up to an awful spring blizzard (Mother Nature has a warped sense of humor lol). My husband took my son to school, so without HAVING to go outside, I was quite content to stay indoors and warm. Silly part of it was that I really WANTED to go to the gym. So I started to think about my gym personality. I really do prefer to hit the gym when I'm coming from or going to somewhere else, which is my normal routine. Its so hard to convince myself to get it together and go when the only purpose I have for leaving the house is to go just there. When I'm there, I'm loving it! I'm seeing my body transform and I'm stronger every day and that's such a rush.

While I was at the gym today, and thinking about how ridiculous it was to get me motivated to make the 4 minute drive, I started thinking about the reality of the fact that I live in Alberta and ...hello!!!....we have some pretty wicked winters. So if a spring storm was going to hold me back, what was going to happen to me next winter? Well let me tell ya, that really was an eyeopener for me.  I'm so glad I pushed through that barrier today.

I really enjoy my gym.  We have several nearby so I had quite a variety of choices when I signed up.  There are others that are bigger and with newer equiment and cost less, but I know this is the perfect fit for me.  Location was a big deciding factor.  This place is under 2 minutes from work and about 4 minutes from home.  The instructors are friendly and very knowledgable and it's an all female facility.  Everything I need is right at my fingertips so I'm determined to take full advantage of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates