Monday, April 4, 2011

The Highs and Lows of day 1

The day certainly had its challenges, but remarkable, most of them were not hunger related.  My meals were prepared as planned and I closed my kitchen after my last meal.  I'm finishing a very hectic day with a sugar-free/milk-free cup of green tea and a highly energetic basketball game on TV  (Go Butler!). 

 Today I tried flaxseed for the first time.  I ground about a cup of it in a coffee grinder last night.  For breakfast I put about half a tablespoon in my oatmeal.  I was timid to try it, but I enjoyed the extra texture so tomorrow I won't hesitate to add a full tablespoon.  Why flaxseed?  I'll do a more indepth post on it this week, but its a great source of fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids.  The more I discover about it, the more impressed I am with the health benefits.  I couldn't find my cinnamon so I added a teaspoon of sugar free applesauce.  Since I never was one to put sugar on my oatmeal, I can't say I was wowed by the sweetness the applesauce gave it.  It was mild, but I'll do without it tomorrow.

The biggest challenge I faced today was eating every 2.5-3 hours.  I work part time as a medical receptionist and Mondays are nothing short of warp speed.  I have to eat at my desk since the only break I get is lunchtime, but I managed.  I got my midmorning, lunch and midafternoon meals in before 4:30.  An hour later than I hoped, but it all worked out.  I even got to the gym at lunchtime today since I knew my evening would be preoccupied with football practice for Jesse.

Today's low came at about 5:30.  I had eaten an hour ago at the office and I was now home, but I was feeling a little out of sorts.  Some people are night time snackers, but for me I'm at my worst when I walk in the door after work, before supper.  I wouldn't think twice to eat handfuls and handfuls of crackers before dinner was ready.  So I really felt that today.  That after work simple carb void.  Luckily I had to leave in 30 minutes to get my son where he needed to go.  That kept me busy.  I got him to football, came home and had my supper (in case you were wondering, that burnt brown rice tasted....well...smoky  LOL) and I felt much better after that.

Oh!  I almost forgot to mention sweet potatoes!  Y-U-M!!  Probably the best thing I ate today.  I baked it last night in the microwave, like I do with my regular potatoes.  I scooped it out of the skin and put it in a container with chopped up chicken and spinach.  I heated it up at work for my lunch.  The combination was so tasty.

All in all a completely sugar free day loaded with healthy proteins and complex carbs. Tomorrow I will be following the same meal plan since I precooked enough of those foods for a couple of days. I'll remember to take some measurements in the morning too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates