Sunday, April 3, 2011

Let's Start Here

The design of the blog is definitely rough around the edges, but that will come in time.  I wanted to get this first post up before the end of the day because my mind is bursting with thoughts, worries, excitement and wonder...all about clean eating.  For the past week I've had my nose buried in Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Recharged book.  The basic elements aren't foreign to me (I know, I know...lay off the simple carbs *sigh*) but I had several A-Ha moments while reading.  First of all, learning HOW to pair complex carbs and proteins for a clean meal and WHICH foods fall into these categories was so informative.  And the big kicker...no calorie counting!  Really?  Ok, you hooked me. 

And that brings me to today.  Sunday.  A day spent putting together grocery lists and planning a week of meals.  More than anything, I'm ridiculously curious about how this way of eating will affect my body.  I've dieted in one form or another all my life (I'll leave that for another post).  I'm encouraged by the idea of body transformation, not just weightloss.

My Gameplan:
Ok, let me start by saying that I have two wonderful, healthy, HUNGRY boys.   LOL   They are 11 and 14.  I've been talking to them all week about the food changes I'm eager to incorporate into our family.  While they were interested to look at new recipes, my oldest did say to me "so this is not, like, forever. Right?"   Oh that poor boy, I think I traumatized him  LOL.  I have assured them that their favorite foods will not disappear, but we will make better choices more often.  He was good with that.

This week will be easy.  My focus is pretty much on me and the eating clean Cooler 1 plan.  Hubby is away for a week starting a new job and the boys will be well fed without noticing much is different.  I'm going to follow the Cooler 1 plan this week, and if it goes well, for next week too.  Then I'll switch over to Cooler 2 and get hubby on board. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates